Why are the arts important in Jewish education? How does integrating the arts make a difference in the practice of teaching and the process of learning? How can the arts transform curriculum and help us meet the ongoing challenges of Jewish education?
As an increasing number of Jewish educators are discovering, an arts-based approach to teaching and learning:
- Facilitates imaginative, personally relevant forms of expression
- Contributes to the development of stronger classroom communities
- Respects different learning styles
- Fosters critical and creative thinking skills
- Builds bridges to the larger Jewish community
- Helps generate a dynamic, cohesive curriculum
Professional Development Opportunities
Click here to learn about our menu of professional development and community opportunities for the upcoming academic year!
To book a workshop or training session for educators in your community, contact us.
Looking for information on Jewish arts and culture, museums, summer opportunities, media or academics? Please visit our resources page here.